The Los Alamos Faith and Science Forum (LAF&SF) is an incorporated 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to “invite people to join in exploring together the mysteries of faith and science by looking deeply into both”.
We are pleased to announce our fourth summer series, starting on Wednesday, May 31, 6:00-8:00pm at the Fellowship Hall of the Unitarian Church in Los Alamos. The theme for this summer is “Hope: Science, Religion and the Future”. A light dinner will be served at 6pm, a presentation at 6:30pm, large group discussion, and then small group discussions.
Our guest speaker this summer is distinguished theologian John Haught of Georgetown University who will present two lectures on Thursday June 22 and Friday June 23. His lectures are titled “Science, Religion, and Cosmic Purpose” and “Evolution and Faith: What Is at Stake”.
Our summer 2017 series is below. Please join us!
- Hope, Hopelessness and the Future on May 31, Nels Hoffman
- Science of Hope on June 7, Gerry Wood
- Evolution and Hope on June 14, Morrie Pongratz
- Science, Religion and Cosmic Purpose at 7pm, June 22 at Fuller Lodge, John Haught
- Evolution and Faith: What is at Stake? at 7pm, June 23 at Fuller Lodge, John Haught
- Hopelessness on June 28, Bob Reinovsky
- Looking into the Future on July 12, Dan Winske
- Technology and Hope on July 19, Chick Keller
- Religions and Hope on July 26, Rabbi Jack Shlachter and Pr. Nicole’ Ferry
All are welcome to our summer 2017 series.