The Los Alamos Faith and Science Forum is holding a winter series study. Our first session will be held on Monday, October 17, 6:30-8:00pm at Kelly Hall, Trinity on the Hill, Episcopal Church. At this session books on various topics in faith and science will be presented and a reading group will be formed around each book that gathers sufficient interest. Later meetings will involve detailed discussions by these groups.
The following books have been proposed.
- “BEYOND BELIEF: FAITH, SCIENCE, AND THE VALUE OF UNKNOWING” by Robert P.
- “ONE WORLD” by John Polkinghorne
- “SOLIDARITY ETHICS: TRANSFORMATION IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD” by Rebecca
- “DYING INTO LIFE: THE YOGA OF DEATH, LOSS AND TRANSFORMATION” by Guru
- “SCIENCE AND RELIGION: A NEW INTRODUCTION (2ND EDITION)” by Alister
- “GOD AFTER DARWIN: A THEOLOGY OF EVOLUTION” by John F. Haught
- “DIVINE VINTAGE: FOLLOWING THE WINE TRAIL FROM GENESIS TO THE MODERN
AGE” by Randall Heskett and Joel Butler
Any additional suggestions for books will also be discussed at this meeting.
All book groups will collectively meet a few times during the winter to report out their progress. These collective meetings are tentatively set for November 21, 2016 and February 20, 2017.