The Los Alamos Faith and Science Forum held a winter series study. Our first session was held on Monday, October 17, 6:30-8:00pm at Kelly Hall, Trinity on the Hill, Episcopal Church. At this session books on various topics in faith and science were presented and a reading group was formed around each book that gathered sufficient interest. Later meetings involved detailed discussions by these groups.
The following books were proposed.
- “BEYOND BELIEF: FAITH, SCIENCE, AND THE VALUE OF UNKNOWING” by Robert P.
- “ONE WORLD” by John Polkinghorne
- “SOLIDARITY ETHICS: TRANSFORMATION IN A GLOBALIZED WORLD” by Rebecca
- “DYING INTO LIFE: THE YOGA OF DEATH, LOSS AND TRANSFORMATION” by Guru
- “SCIENCE AND RELIGION: A NEW INTRODUCTION (2ND EDITION)” by Alister
- “GOD AFTER DARWIN: A THEOLOGY OF EVOLUTION” by John F. Haught
- “DIVINE VINTAGE: FOLLOWING THE WINE TRAIL FROM GENESIS TO THE MODERN
AGE” by Randall Heskett and Joel Butler
Any additional suggestions for books were discussed at this meeting.
All book groups collectively met a few times during the winter to report out their progress. These collective meetings were set for November 21, 2016 and February 20, 2017.